Friday, February 11, 2011

.DLL Errors and Blackberry Enterprise Server

During a configuration of Blackberry Enterprise Server today I found that I was getting .DLL errors when trying to create a MAPI profile on the BES Server (v5.0.2) when running IEMSTest.

Well it was not the usual stuff – it ended up being the alias that had been assigned to the BESAdmin account. The policy at the company where I am installing Exchange 2010 is, but the BESAdmin account does not have a first or last name and so got an email address of, and so though I could login in OWA, I could not do a MAPI login (IEMSTest or Outlook – because the alias was not BESAdmin as they default to).

Once I changed the SMTP Address to then it all worked fine.

No comments: